Sunday, February 28, 2016

Going nowhere Spiritually

Being fortunate enough to have some spiritual experiences changed my view of the world. For a while I wanted answers to why, how and when about the spiritual world. Then I craved the  company of people who has such experiences as myself.

Soon, I gave up telling others to practice meditation as a matter of urgency, so they could experience the real life. I had realised that people aren't interested in finding out about the source of all energy that is running this universe. I realised all people want is someone else to pursue the spiritual and just pass on the benefits to them, heal them and bless them with more money, so they have more material success. Experiencing peace and joy wasn't their goal.

So here I am, trying to balance living between the materialistic and the spiritual. When I practice the spiritual regularly and start having the magnificent experiences, I want to give up the materialistic side. When I do so and I have all the time in the world for the spiritual, then may be due to reduced physical activity I don't focus any better or practice meditation anymore than I would otherwise. So I have realised that a balance of the two is best, just as Guru Nanak recommended.

Now I know that a Guru, spiritual master, and knowing how to seek protection before going into deep meditation is not optional but an essential part of meditation or you could land into deep trouble as the spiritual world is not all goodie goodie world. Then sometimes I think that ignorance is bliss. May be those who never try to enter the spiritual realms and just focus on material success are doing fine.

I do know the reality that all those so called successful people aren't happy inside and I am on the right path of seeking truth. I am more patient now and am happy to wait for the unfolding to happen in its own time and not rush enlightenment as it can be dangerous when one is not ready for it all. I am still wondering when would I become a a truly better person as a result and my nature will change permanently to a more patient, understanding, selfless and beautiful person?

No comments: