Monday, October 17, 2016

Deliberately diluting Sikhism

The recent attempts to dilute Sikhism by Hindu factions is a politically motivated movement since Modi became Prime Minister. Facebook shows clear evidence of groups of Hindus marching with Gatras on. Traditionally Gatra was worn to hold Kirtan, one of the five articles of faith worn by a Sikh after initiation by taking Amrit prepared by five beloved Sikhs / Panjabi pyaras. I also saw videos of Hindus with cut beard wearing orange turbans matching their orange clothes doing waheguru simran on harmonium. It's not being done to promote Sikhism to Hindus but to dilute Sikhism and trying to prove that Sikhism is but a sect of Hinduism which clearly is not the case.

It's amazing what political movements like this to destroy a religion can do to those trying to move away from strict Sikhism. I was one of them. I was moving away from Sikhism and trying to be more spiritual person for some years now because I didn't want to be identified as Sikh but simply as a spiritual person. I intended to promote meditation to help humanity move towards personal spiritual development instead of spending more time belonging to a religious group. Unfortunately, what I have seen recently in India seems to me as an attack on Sikh Identity given by Guru Gobind Singh, the 10th guru. Whether I count as a Sikh or not was not important to me for my personal spiritual growth but my growth is not the only important thing now. Sikh Identity given by my spiritual father Guru Gobing Singh Ji must remain alive in this world and that is is more important to me now only because there are vigorous attempts being made to destroy that identity.

Whenever there will be attempts to destroy Sikhism because of political reasons, it would only result in more sehajdhari Sikhs adopting the Bana, the uniform given by my guru and those like me returning to Sikhism. The reason for that is same as 'Lest not forget' attitude towards the fallen soldiers. We must not forget those who make sacrifices for us, our parents, our soldiers, our marters and true leaders like Gobind Singh who taught people to live with pride and not give up their beliefs under political pressure. Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not hesitate to sacrifice his own life, the lives of his four sons and his father for the sake of everyone's right to choose their religion and today the very Hindu's, whose religion he made sacrifices for, are trying to destroy it, then those who see Gobind Singh as their father must keep that identity alive. The principles for which Guru Gobind Singh stood for must be kept alive in this world abs so should the identity he bestowed upon us.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has always sent me help in the astral world. He has protected me from psychic attacks and foretold me of danger. Even in his non-physical form, he has never stopped protecting those who seek his protection.  This is regardless of whether I kept my Nitnem, my five K or not. He may have become unhappy with me but still doesn't stop help from his side. If guru can keep his side of the bargain regardless of my level of commitment, then he is a true guru who never gives up hope that one day his children will see his point and uphold the same principles in life. We are still learning to walk on his path.

May God bless those faking his path and help them see Guru Gobind Singh and his sacrifices in the right light and make them true followers.

No comments: