Monday, August 9, 2010

Guru Darshan in meditation

Its interesting to note the connection between the Sikh Gurus and their preferences. From personal experience I can say that when you are focused on the Nirankar - the formless God and his Darshan, Guru Nanak comes to help.

The days when I was in love with Guru Arjan Dev Ji's devotion to God by reading his shabads showing how he yearns for God's presence and wanted to see him and wanted to know what he really experienced when such a loving soul was made to sit on a hot plate and yet he didn't ask his followers to revolt but to stay calm and accept God's Will. I am impressed with his true devotion. One of these days, it was Guru Ram Das ji came and I was surprised and actually said that I was expecting Guru Arjan Dev ji. Guru Ram Das ji was extremely handsome and I couldn't resist thinning about his beauty even in meditation. He gave me a checked cotton sarape neatly folded and sat it on my right knee as I was in meditation pose. I realised later that it was Guru Ram Das ji's birthday that day.

When I was in Darbar Sahib Harmandir Sahib and prayed to Guru Ram Das ji to lookafter my son whom I was going to leave in India to study at Miri Piri Academy so he could be near Harmandir Sahib, learn about Amritvela and Sikh life and yet be proud of himself; Guru Hargobind ji gave Darshan.

Day before yesterday when during meditation I thought how Guru Nanak and his Bani will be automatically promoted when and if my husband becomes the first Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) in Australia, because of his Sikh appearance; and Guru Gobind Singh ji gave Darshan. He was very Gambhir / serious but he waited for me to wish for something. At that moment I first wished for Raagi Surinder SIngh's settlement in Grahast Jeevan with such a girl that he never abandon Sikh life to promote himself as a great singer and make money.

I believe we have not done justice to Guru Nanak and his Bani, overtime I see the name of Jesus and Buddha mentioned in the prominent religious figures and no mention of the Great Guru Nanak, the only person achieve enlightenment and yet not ask people to worship himself but the formless God and at the same time didn't ask people to convert but rather practice their own religion with truth.

Interesting how the Guru that you pray to is not the one to respond but the one that cares more about either the issue in your mind or the Guru that you are remembering. Why would Guru Arjan Dev ji not give me Darshan? Is it because I still don't accept the death of a person whom people made into Suhaga and took him around their fields so they could get rain in those field. I hold Guru Arjan Dev ji responsible for that persons death.

In saying all what I did, I would one day write about how there is difference between Dharshan as an image and Dharshan as a live person talking to you. I am sure anyone would understand that live Dharshan is so much more powerful.

What I worry about most is that my elder brother once said that my Dad (passed away) once told him that there is a difference of Bhagati of four lifetimes between doing Guru's Darshan and finding a place in Guru's feet. How is one suppose to cover that distance in one lifetime if one wishes? I can't wait four lifetimes. I want to be with Guru Nanak everyday, each day.

No comments: