Sunday, August 8, 2010

Raagi Surinder Singh's Kirtan is magical

For over two months I listened to live Asa Di Var of Surinder Singh ji, each morning and one hour kirtan in the evening divan. Everytime I heard his kirtan with my eyes closed, I felt the energy move inside me. These days I feel my kundalini active in the solar plexus area and it became ever more active overtime I heard his kirtan. He sings with so much emotion and when that is combined with the power of Raaga, I feel connected to the higher self straightaway. Now I understand why Guru Nanak said that Kirtan /Devotional Music is the quickest way to God. Kirtan connects me to my higher self within seconds whereas regular meditation without kirtan takes me half an hour preparation before I reach the same stage. May God bless this Raagi with understanding of Gurbani so he can truly display the feelings Gurus have tried to capture in those shabads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to read this as I too have often felt this intense connection when I have listened to shabads by some ragis...This is the nature of Shabad Guru who guides us by our own breath & delivers us to connect to the Divine light that is in each one of us..

Sherry Lumia said...

Thanks for your recognition.