Friday, June 18, 2010

Guru Nanak and his companions - wish I was one of them.

Man Hali Kirsani Karni
Dharam Pani Tan Ket
Naam Beej, Santokh Suhaga
Rakh Garibi Ves.


On my way to work today, while I was singing the above hymn and chanting Waheguru naam, I was overwhelmed with emotions and starting singing the following

Ham Kukar Tere Darbar

O God, I am a Dog at your door.

I use to get very offended at this shabad, as a teenager, thinking one does not have to humiliate himself this low to receive God's Grace. I know understand the desperation to meet and be with Waheguru, see his Darbar / home and how much I would love to simply be God's dog, if that's what will give me a place to stay there forever.(Hopefully a cute one like my Golden Retriever, Oliver that everyone loves). I feel this way after I read Betty Eddie's book 'Embraced by the light' and now know, how much Love and Peace is in God's presence.

I remembered my conversation with Bhai Amolak Singh ji of England, who visted Woolgoolga Sikh Temple /Gurdwara last year. He asked me why I meditate and what is it that I want. I told him I don't want any materialistic things, I just want to see what Guru Nanak saw. Amolak Singh thought that was a big ask and probably an unrealistic expectation. I shared only a tiny bit of my experience with Guru Nanak and what he showed me. I told him that I was confused about why Guru first showed me a figure that I thought was Lord Shiva / Shankar. What I saw afterwords was magical. I am still hanging out for such magic to happen again.

Today, I thought about it in a bit more depth. I not only want to see what Guru Nanak saw in the spiritual world but also want to visit all those spiritual realms and experience them. After that I want to be with Guru Nanak forever. May be Mardana is also with him. Then the thought of what use am I to their team made me cry. I can't sing or play any instrument efficiently enought to be part of their team. Would they want a devotee like me who loves to listen to perfect kirtan, hang around them?

I hope that Guru Nanak is listening to the countless singers singing the praises of God and enjoying the sound of musical instruments. Betty Edding mentioned that spirits in there do different things - some make the spiritual cloth, some are the warriors waiting to help. I want to be with the singers.

I enjoy Surinder Singh Nanaksar Delhi Wale's Asa Di War everyday. I can't wait to walk over to hear his kirtan. I am so blessed to have this opportunity. He really is a perfect singer. All the singers in the Waheguru's darbar must be of his caliber.

Mohabatte Man Tan Wasai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgcK0fuIek&feature=related

Main Bin Gur Dekhe Neend Na Awai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgcK0fuIek&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKo5YUBFGEk

You could add your favorite raagi jatha's kirtan on the Facebook page -
I love this Raagi's Shabad Kirtan


http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?edit_members&gid=135332833154060#!/group.php?gid=135332833154060


Today was a great day. Although I couldn't do deep meditate at Asa Di War time as I usually do, I am happy that I enjoyed listening it from 5.30 -6.30am and then went to the Sikh Temple for Sukhmani Sahib path - recitation from 7.45 - 8.30am and then went to work. What a great morning.

Hopefully while alive I will be able to hear more of the Anhat Shabad. I truly want to taste the Ambrosial Nector that comes up from the Navel area upto the palate and tastes like honey. I have seen a Sikh tasting that Amrit at my cousins house in Patiala, India. I want to be like that Sikh.

No comments: