Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What is the purpose of your life?

Has this question bothered you ever? What is your soul urge. How are you going to leave a mark and how would that mark benefit mankind long after you are gone?


Paul Smith suggests in his book 'How to have an outstanding life' to plan 10 separate routes to travel along. These 10 separate courses of action will guide you to your final destination, what you want to achieve. He says, "May be you won't get to the end of some of your pathways, but that doesn't matter. The combined effect of all these pathways will be success."


The great path has no gates,
Thousands of roads enter it.
When one passes through this gateless gate
He walks freely between heaven and earth. ZEN


So I guess I am right when I try to find spiritual wisdom in sources from different cultures and religions to reach my goal. Yes, its true that at some point I see that I do not agree with the path, the source is taking me to; and I stop following it all the way. Even then, the knowledge did helped me overcome some hurdles and bends.

No comments: