Monday, October 26, 2009

I saw my Inner Temple in meditation


I just randomly opened a page and came to p. 264, Penczak mentions what is in an inner temple.

I am so shocked. The huge empty water well with old bricks on the walls with green growth, with me sitting in the middle, on a flower with a long stem holding me, three weeks ago, just after I saw Buddha, was not a non-sense. It was my inner temple. I tried to look down, it was too far down, so I decided to not worry about down side. According to the author, I should have tried to go down. I did try, it was too dark, far down and so I felt scared and unsure.

In the next scene, I was in a cylinder shape huge new seven story building with the nice clean water falling from the top, as a main feature of the interior. Was it me, a 23 year old, lean young boy without the top on, in the middle floor of the building on one side watching the water fall and enjoying the trickling sound while meditating? In real life, I am much older.

I looked three stories up and saw the water coming down from the dome shaped roof of the building which was in the center, but around it there was just clear sky, no roof. I wondered what was holding the beautiful white dome. From around it I noticed the water was falling down.

I had the urge to see what was in the three stories below. I started to look and go down but it was too dark and far below, so I abandoned the plan. Instead I wondered that there must be rooms around here. So I went into one of the rooms. It was huge. Then I was meditating in this room and saw a big circle of flame. All the individual little flames within this circle were beautiful and perfect lotus petal shaped. The petals of flame were too many to count. Then the flames started to become little bigger and burn more like fire. I wondered if the flames could be dangerous, as they were all around and realised there was nothing to fear. They were beautiful and were in control, giving warmth. As I started worrying about the fire, the flames became bigger and uneven.
So in my inner temple, I saw the earth, water, sky, air and fire, all five elements. Three stories above and below make me sitting in the heart chakra.

Hang on, Is Golden Temple / Harmandir Sahib built by Guru Ramdas ji, based on his vision of his own inner temple? As mentioned by Penczak, everyone's inner temple is different. By God, I was inspired to build in real life what I saw in the meditation.

Another realisation, when I saw Guru Ramdas ji a week earlier, after he gave me a cloth as gift, I had requested him to show me what he saw, that inspired him to build Golden temple. As I heard from my parents, Golden temple is an exact image of the God's House. I have always been puzzled over it, as we Sikhs believe that God is omnipresent. So the God's house is one's own inner temple and Guru Ram Das ji built what he saw in his meditation.

I can't believe, it takes me so long to work things out. That day Ramdas ji started to take me towards a arch-like double door sized doorway leading downwards. I was puzzled as I was hoping to go upwards. The vision finished there.

After the session, I realised how dumb I was. Guru has always preached to become humble and built the Golden Temple some feet below the normal level to represent the humbleness, not higher. So I missed out on having a complete tour with him, because of my late realisation and questioning his way, when I stopped on the earthy doorway made with brick and mud. I didn't feel the concrete on the doorway wall, I smelt the muddy earthy smell. Also, now I understand why it wasn't golden and shiny. Off course, that's not how it was in his time. It was Maharaja Ranjit Singh who put Gold on the building not the Guru.

I only realise things much later but its Ok. Samuel has suggested to not try to interpret while you are having an experience. Enjoy the experience and interpret it later. That doesn't stop you from asking the questions to the Guru / Guide but don't stop the process to ask it. Be gentle while asking and don't doubt that its not what you want to see. Guides know what to show, we don't. We put our wrong expectations in front and then they can't help. I still love Guru Nanak dev ji. He didn't leave me when I told him that that wasn't what I wanted to see. Every time I think about it, it puts a smile on my face and I giggle. He scolded me and told me to be quiet and just enjoy the experience. Love you Guru Nanak, please scold me everyday when I interpret something wrong and drag me to the right direction. I don't want you to leave me if I question something. Please don't get offended. I am only trying to clarify things in my thick head. You know me anyway, what am I worried about. Guru Ramdas ji, please accept my apology, I didn't mean to be rude that day when I questioned everything you gave me and showed me. I am silly. Please help me get wiser!
Je Gur Chirke Tan Mitha Laage,
Je .....

No comments: