Monday, October 19, 2009

Six types of vision/ Darshan

What are six types of darshan /vision? Guru Nanak has mentioned this in a shabad recorded in yesterdays blog. I have only found three kinds of Darshan in a Buddhist site. See my links to websites to read about that.

Guru Nanak should have explained his techniques as much as he has explained what God is and was before he created this creation. The significance of his teachings is the feeling of yearning without which nothing happens, no matter how many techniques of meditation one uses. But you still need some knowledge of how to focus and get to the stage where you have nothing but the yearning to see and know God. Even in that when one gets too excited and wants to know every aspect in one session, nothing happens. Focus on one aspect and let go, let the God mind take over. It doesn't happen so easily everytime. It does happen easily when God will's it to happen. So how long am I going to wait for God's Will? I want all experiences now. I can't wait! I have to drink that Amrit nector. I want that flood of pranic energy from above my head to enter my body again, everyday, not just twice in my life. I want this blissful state to last forever.
I want Guru Nanak to be in my every meditation session and guide me like he did once. Yesterday, he was in my meditation. It helped to focus but I am pretty sure, it was just my imagination not him really like he came before.

No comments: