Sunday, October 25, 2009

Out went a two edged-sword from Gods mouth?

In February this year, some so called saint, we have plenty of these in Sikhism, came to the local Sikh temple. At that time, I had some magnificent experiences during meditation, and I was looking for a physical guide who could help me advance in experiencing God, first hand. I figured out that he didn't have any such experiences and couldn't help me. I was very upset with the Sikhs as no sikh had told me anything about the intense vibration in the whole body with a loud heartbeat like sound, the etheric separating itself from the physical body and the flow of white energy from above my head, like someone had suddenly turned a 4 inch thick tap on full flow. Although, I had eventually enjoyed the experience, I was scared initially. I wondered if any sikhs could guide me with regards to what else is yet to come, so I am not taken by surprise and try to make the most of the experience.

I was disappointed with the Saint and realised that I was on my own, in this journey. So I searched the web and whatever relevant books I could find. I must admit that I had read about the visualisation about colours sprinkling and then it raining above me in the Kundalini yoga book.
At the time of my experience, I had casually started the meditation and had successfully visualised the colours and the raining before I got bombarded with the vibration and the flooding of the energy from above. Sikhs do not believe in these kind of preconceived meditations.

Anyway, my quest at the time was about 'the word'. I had read in "Awakening the 3rd eye/ Samuel Sagan", the quote from John i:1

"In the beginning was the word,
and the word was with God,
and the word was God".

I was so excited about this concept that I actually failed to properly read the very next quote in the book from Revelation i:16, which I have just read now,

"And he had in his right hand seven stars;
and out of his mouth went
a sharp two-edged sword"

See the middle peice in the photo is a double edged sword

I would like to confess that by just reading the bit about 'sharp two edged sword' from a Christan source, I am gobsmacked and ashamed that I am one of those who sometimes doubt Guru Gobind Singh Ji's actions and whether they had anything to do with spirituality or they were purely for making a clear demarcation between a Sikh and a Hindu, as there are overlapping concepts in the two religions. And did I just criticised the sikhs for not knowing anything? Ommmm! May be I just need to learn more about them.

In my last blog, which I started to write about "the word" and ended up writing about Spiritual Guides, I have already mentioned about the iron Kara that Guru Gobind Singh ji asked his Sikhs to always wear on their right hand. Iron guards us against evil energies. We also wear Kirpan (an iron dagger). My best friend ( a muslim girl) had once told me about the iron as a protector, when I was questioning why we need to wear these items.

When Sikhs get initiated, a sharp two edged sword is used to move the water in an iron dish, with five Sikhs holding this special sword with their right hand, reciting five daily prayers (Nitnam).

If anyone ever had any doubt about this Khanda-Bata Amrit-Chak ceremony, even after getting initiated and feeling that charge in one's body that one had never felt before this ceremony, then they need to read this quote from the Revelation i:16.

Coincidentally, how funny is it that this revelation is talking about seven stars and the revelation number is 1+6 = 7 according to numerology.

I have a long way to go baby! I am a confused soul, but I am searching! I am getting wiser by the day. "Hum Jaise Apradhi Awar Koi Rakhe, Jaise hum Satgur Rakh liye Chadai." Could any other entity protect a sinner like me, the way my true guru has? I keep doubting his powers and knowledge and He still keeps on showing the way. How could I ever thank my Guru enough.

No comments: